Welcome to My Mink Blog!

This is a fresh new blog that offers a variety of many of a girl's favourite things! Fashion, Love, Entertainment, Self Improvement, the list is endless! There will be stories published regularly for your reading pleasure, and also news from people with a finger on the pulse of all the major cities. Feel free to contribute with comments and I hope you enjoy your stay!

P.S.: And don't forget to look in under the Pages tab for many other sections of the blog such as Pretty In Mink Playlist (P.I.M.P) and Trendz where music, fashion and entertainment news are showcased. Cheers!

Monday 27 June 2011

Half Year Gone Already!

Gosh!

Has it been six months already!! I'm sure some of us might already started feeling the pressure: have I achieved my dreams, how many of my goals are still left unfulfilled - will I have enough time to finish all of my year's projects?

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel! It's tough to realize that all your grand and even not-so-grand aspirations for 2011 have not yet seen the light of day. It might be you planned to settle down this year, start a business, take a course - or just lose weight.

I'm not here to feed you any "self-help" jargon about how life should be viewed in terms of "half full" and not "half-empty" - I'm sure you've heard enough of that already!

No, but I will assure you that there's more to life than what you think you have or don't have. And if you feel that others seem to be making headway in leaps and bounds while your's is at a snail's pace, well. . . .I urge you to think of those who can't move at all.

Just take several deep, calming breaths every time you think, well, my life is crap. Exhale, and remember how much worse it could be. And then remember all the opportunities, hopes and strengths you still have left and put them to use. Wake up every morning with a positive attitude that says to the world: YOU CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN!

Believe it or not, I tell myself the very same things every day. Because I know that things can always get better. But only if I wish it. So, my friends, wish it.

Wish for that new car. For that fantastic, fulfilling relationship. For that well-paying job - or for that longed-for holiday in the Carribeans!

What ever it is, give life another go, and look forward with a smile to the next six months of 2011!!


Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment